MYN – Meet Your Neighbours
What is MYN?
Another Yeovil Chamber initiative set up to provide networking and business referral opportunities for Yeovil businesses based on our industrial estates and those who want to work with them.
An opportunity for businesses based on Yeovil industrial estates to form closer networks with other Yeovil SME’s to share their business capabilities and help develop business support opportunities for all participants.
Group hosts have been found for Lynx and Penn Mill trading estates, and we are looking for a Houndstone or Lufton host organisation.
Meetings are planned to be held quarterly in each location.
How can Yeovil Chamber help?
Yeovil Chamber will act as oversight for the group. The benefits of MYN:
- Provide a platform for open dialogue and networking tailored to the needs of businesses based in Yeovil trading estates;
- Share and promote the strong business capabilities we have within Yeovil;
- Share and assist with operational challenges through sharing best practice and growing pains;
- Develop wider business support opportunities.
How will membership of MYN deliver benefits?
- Regular round-table meetings to discuss specific issues for action/improvement or development;
- Regular communications to all participating members;
- Support from Yeovil Chamber via extensive working relationships with local government officers and other key stakeholders in the wider business sector;
- In-group expert advice from the participating members;
- Invited guest speakers from business support groups (e.g local authority, legal, finance, funding, training and topical business issues).
Do I need to join Yeovil Chamber?
Whilst there is currently no membership fee to be part of the MYN groups, nor is there any compulsion to become a member of Yeovil Chamber, the group meeting times are over breakfast and would attract a small charge to cover the cost of the food/refreshments.
There are several additional benefits from membership of Yeovil Chamber. Yeovil Chamber delivers access to the big-picture and wider business support, via an unrivalled network of like-minded business people from businesses of all sizes and sectors.
Real-time, tailored business support, via insight from our unrivalled and unique network of working relationships with local government and strategic stakeholders extending out from Yeovil into South Somerset and North Dorset;
Regular networking events allow you to meet and discuss wider business issues with other like-minded people from across the business, professional and commercial sector;
Broadcast your good news stories and promote your events and workshops, to over 2,000 other local and regional businesses, via web and social media channels;
Regular communications and bulletins keep members informed and give you a big say on economic developments, planning, and issues which affect all businesses across the Yeovil area.