Meet Your Neighbours
What is MYN?
Another Yeovil Chamber initiative set up to provide networking and business referral opportunities for Yeovil businesses based on our industrial estates and those who want to work with them.
An opportunity for businesses based on Yeovil industrial estates to form closer networks with other Yeovil SME's to share their business capabilities and help develop business support opportunities for all participants.
Group hosts have been found for Lufton and Houndstone trading estates, and we are looking for a Lynx and Pen Mill host organisation. Please get in touch if you would like to host.
Meetings are planned to be held quarterly in each location. However, our starting location will be Lufton trading estate due to the host organisation.
How can Yeovil Chamber help?
Yeovil Chamber will support and provide oversight for the group. The benefits of MYN:
- Provide a platform for open dialogue and networking tailored to the needs of businesses based in Yeovil trading estates;
- Share and promote the strong business capabilities we have within Yeovil;
- Share and assist with operational challenges through sharing best practice and growing pains;
- Develop wider business support opportunities.
How will membership of MYN deliver benefits to my business?
- Regular round-table meetings to discuss specific issues for action, improvement and/or development;
- Regular communications to all participating members;
- Support from Yeovil Chamber via its extensive working relationships with local government officers and other key stakeholders in the wider business sector;
- Member spotlight presentation - In-group expert advice from the participating members;
- Invited guest speakers from business support groups (e.g. local authority, legal, finance, funding, training and other topical business issues).
In short, the more you get involved, the more you will get out of it. We want to build a group that delivers value to the businesses that get involved and take part.
Do I need to join Yeovil Chamber?
Whilst there is currently no membership fee to be part of the MYN groups, nor is there any compulsion to become a member of the Yeovil Chamber, the group meeting times are early morning and would attract a small charge to cover the cost of the food/refreshments.
There are several additional benefits from membership of Yeovil Chamber. Yeovil Chamber delivers access to the big-picture and wider business support, via an unrivalled network of like-minded business people from businesses of all sizes and sectors. Real-time, tailored business support, via insight from our unrivalled and unique network of working relationships with local government and strategic stakeholders extending out from Yeovil into South Somerset and North Dorset.
For the first meeting the presentation will be delivered by Yeovil Chamber Executive members Ben Malik and Amanda Whitlock to explain the purpose and mission of the MYN networking group, how we see the group running, the benefits for being involved, capture feedback on what businesses in the Trading Estates need/want from the group, ideas for future sessions and guest speaker sets and presentations.
Proposed Typical Agenda
- 08:45 - Arrival, coffee and casual networking
- 09:00 - Welcome and introduction
- 09:05 - Presentation and Q&A - Guest speaker (20-25 minutes including questions)
- 09:30 - Networking in small groups facilitated by Amanda and Ben
(3 groups – 15 minutes each)
- 10:20 - Announcements followed by open networking
- 10:30 - Formal session close with the option for further informal networking up to 11:00.