Social Care Hub
For social and caring people
What is SC Hub?
- A Yeovil Chamber initiative run exclusively by, and for, social care businesses across Yeovil and the South Somerset and West Dorset area.
- A close network of health care, social care, and early years organisations; sharing best practices, facilitating shared learnings, recruitment and training initiatives, and business support opportunities for all participants.
Yeovil Chamber will act as oversight for the group. The benefits of the Social Care Hub:
- Open dialogue and networking amongst your sector colleagues;
- Share and promote best practice;
- Share and assist with sector operational challenges;
- Deliver wider business support and training opportunities;
How will membership of the Social Care Hub deliver benefits?
- Regular round-table meetings to discuss sector-specific issues for action;
- Regular communications to all participating members;
- Support from Yeovil Chamber via extensive working relationships with local government officers and other key stakeholders in the wider business sector;
- In-group expert advice from the participating members.
- Invited guest speakers from business support groups (e.g CQC, Ofsted, local authority, legal, finance, funding and training)
The Social Care Hub, an initiative of the Yeovil Chamber, is dedicated to supporting businesses and workers within the social care sector. In light of the evolving landscape of social care, our purpose is to facilitate growth, enhance regulatory compliance, and foster staff attraction and retention. This purpose document outlines the key aims and objectives of the Social Care Hub.
The mission of the Social Care Hub is to empower businesses and professionals in the social care sector to thrive amidst changing regulations, enhance their capacity for staff attraction and retention, and provide essential support for sustainable future growth. We aim to be the foremost resource and community for those dedicated to social care excellence within the Yeovil region.
Aims and Objectives
1. Regulatory Compliance
Aim: To assist businesses in the social care sector in navigating and complying with changing regulations, ensuring high-quality care and services while minimizing legal risks.
- Conduct regular seminars, workshops, and webinars to educate businesses about the latest regulatory updates and best practices.
- Provide access to expert consultants who can offer guidance on compliance-related matters.
- Foster a collaborative network for sharing compliance strategies and resources among members.
2. Staff Attraction and Retention
Aim: To address the challenges of staff recruitment and retention within the social care sector and promote it as a rewarding career choice.
- Develop and promote programs that highlight the value and rewards of working in the social care sector.
- Offer resources and tools to help businesses attract and retain a skilled and dedicated workforce.
- Facilitate networking opportunities between employers and potential employees.
3. Support for Future Growth
Aim: To support the sustainable growth of businesses in the social care sector by providing access to resources, mentorship, and opportunities for collaboration.
- Create a repository of resources, including business growth guides, funding opportunities, and market insights.
- Establish mentorship programs connecting experienced social care professionals with emerging entrepreneurs.
- Encourage collaboration among members through forums, events, and partnerships.
The Social Care Hub is committed to upholding the following values in all its activities:
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in all aspects of social care, promoting the highest standards of quality and service.
- Inclusivity: We embrace diversity and inclusivity, fostering a welcoming environment for all social care businesses and workers.
- Collaboration: We believe in the power of collaboration and actively promote cooperation among our members for mutual benefit.
- Innovation: We encourage innovation in the social care sector to drive improvements in care delivery, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Ethical Practices: We uphold ethical business practices, transparency, and accountability in all our interactions.
The Social Care Hub, an integral part of the Yeovil Chamber, is dedicated to championing the interests of social care businesses and professionals. By facilitating regulatory compliance, enhancing staff attraction and retention, and supporting future growth, we aim to contribute to the vitality and success of the social care sector within the Yeovil community. Together, we can create a thriving social care ecosystem that benefits both businesses and the individuals they serve.
Do I need to join the Yeovil Chamber?
Whilst there is currently no charge to be part of the Social Care Hub, nor is there any compulsion to become a member of Yeovil Chamber, there are several additional benefits from membership of Yeovil Chamber. Yeovil Chamber delivers access to the big picture and wider business support, via an unrivaled network of like-minded business people from businesses of all sizes and sectors.
- Real-time, tailored business support, via insight from our unrivaled and unique network of working relationships with local government and strategic stakeholders extending out from Yeovil into South Somerset and North Dorset;
- Regular networking events allow you to meet and discuss wider business issues with other like-minded people from across the business, professional and commercial sectors;
- Broadcast your good news stories and promote your events and workshops, to over 2,000 other local and regional businesses, via web and social media channels;
- Regular communications and bulletins keep members informed and give you a big say on economic developments, planning, and issues that affect all businesses across the Yeovil area.